An Easy Beginner Build For Frostfire Gemma That You Need To Know
Frostfire Gemma is possibly your first pick as your hero in Torchlight Infinite, is a spicy and ice-cold mage that is fun to play if you want a mage that can cast flame and frost respectively. If you have stumbled onto this article when learning to play Torchlight Infinite, why not check out our article on Torchlight Tips Guide.
If Frostfire Gemma is your first character to play, the best tip we can give you is to take a look at our guide as a reference point for the copying the build as you level up. This will save you time for the re-spec later on.
Torchlight Infinite – Frostfire Gemma
Frostfire Gemma brings in the heat while staying cool on the battlefield. She plays as a mage should using projectile and AOE spells to bring down waves of enemies. Her versatility comes with the elements as she can counter flame or ice resistant enemies in their respective weaknesses.
How to Build the Frostfire Gemma Character in Torchlight Infinite
Frostfire Gemma allows for experimentation once you understand her skillsets for optimal play, she is a burst ranged damage dealer with a some utility for movement and cast cooldowns. Her current Ice Lance build is made for clearing waves easily with cones of frost per second. You would definitely want to max them out.
Recommended Skills for Building Frostfire Gemma
Ice Lances + Freeze Chance + Efficient Cast + Cold Piercing + Added Cold Damage + Critical Strike Damage Increase. Having these skills allows for enemies to be frozen and burst into shards.
Her other skills compliment utility in movement and healing to make you a mobile mage that uses evasion as a mechanic to dodge enemy and boss hits.
Frostfire Gemma Best Hero Traits
The mechanic for Frosfire class is using your core element to clear out zones. There is a wall of text and percentages to understand but the summary is to use fire or frost skills and stack them up,
Frostfire gains Fire Energy when using or triggering Fire Skills, and each point of Fire Energy increases Fire Damage. The same applies when using Cold Skills. When gaining Fire or Cold Energy, the other type of energy is lost.
Fire or Cold Energy is initially capped at 3. When reaching the maximum amount, Fire Pulse or Cold Pulse is triggered to deal damage to nearby enemies. All energy is lost after this.
For our hero traits, here’s the recommended list:
- Level 13: Icefire Fiend – Gains Fusion Energy instead of Fire or Cold Energy when using or triggering Fire or Cold Skills, up to 4 bars +16% Fire and Cold Damage for each bar of Fusion Energy. At maximum Fusion Energy, (Frostfire Rampage) becomes available. Frostfire Rampage: +100% Fusion Energy effect for 5s during which Fusion Energy won’t deplete. Loses all Fusion Energy when the duration ends. Cooldown: 11s.
- Level 32: Abnormal Energy – Each Fusion Energy has a 10% chance to Ignite and Freeze. Deals an additional 50% damage to Ignited enemies. Restores 10% of Maximum Life and Energy Shield when defeating a Frozen enemy.
- Level 50: Frostfire Strength – When dealing damage, bonuses or reductions to fire damage also apply to cold damage.
When dealing damage, increases and reductions to cold damage also apply to fire damage
This affix is only effective once.
Bonuses or reductions to elemental damage are not part of the effect.
Extra damage is not part of the effect.
- Level 62: Fusion Body – At maximum Fusion Energy, Fire Damage can inflict Frostbite, and Cold Damage can inflict Ignite.
At maximum Fusion Energy, Ignite inflicted by a Spell Skill adds 100% of the skill’s Cold Damage to the Base Ignite Damage.
At maximum Fusion Energy, Ignite inflicted by an attack skill adds 100% of the weapon’s Physical Damage to the Base Ignite Damage.
Converts 20% of Physical Damage taken into Fire Damage.
Convert 20% of Physical Damage taken into Cold Damage.
Maximum Fusion Energy +2,
- Level 80: Seeping In – You will not lose all Fusion Energy at the end of (Frostfire Rampage).
At maximum Fusion Energy, +18% Fire Piercing and Cold Piercing. While (Frostfire Rampage) is active, this effect is doubled.
Best FrostFire Talents Setup
For our talents, generally speaking take your pick of fire and attack damage perks, but avoid taking Fire Penetration. We’ll explain why in a moment. For defenses, you want to try and take life and life regeneration nodes You’re going to start in the Goddess of Knowledge Tree. Chilly will be your main hero talent to take once you reached Level 10 and Insight at Level 20 makes full use of your frost spells.
Next Talent Tree should be the Arcanist with Frostbitten and Frozen Lotus.
Lastly take the Magister Tree with Inner Side and Mind Blade.
Recommended Equipment for Building Frostfire
As we mentioned with regards to gear, get the best armor with high regen and resistances to max out Frostfire Gemma’s capabilities. Listed here are recommendations on the best gear once you have gone through the Netherrealms
- Helmet: Eternal Night Stalker’s Hood with Highest Evasion Stats and Life increases.
- Armor: Sanctuary of Calamity with High evasion with life increases.
- Necklace: Ocean of Rock the pact of extra curse, Max life and +22 on all stats.
- Gloves: Watcher’s Hold for Max Life and Evasion, and Resistances.
- Belt: Unlimited, with Precise Projectiles Aura, +1 Agi blessing Stacks, Resistances Increase.
- Boots: General Warboots, Agi blessing Stacks,Max Life and agility increases.
- Ring 1: Elemental Envoy Ring
- Ring 2: End of Confusion, +23 to all Stats,+1 Agi blessing stacks,+22% Elemental Damage
For Weapons take Two of the same type:
- Weapons 1&2: Reforged Statue, a one-handed weapon with +12% Spell Damage,3 additional stacks of Agi Blessing, and 12% cast speed.
This Current Frostfire Gemma Build should get you through the main story and the end game content as it currently sits atop as one of the best builds, we hope to feature more content later as the game develops. We also have guides for other heroes like Berserker Rehan, Commander Moto, Divineshot Carino, Spacetime Youga so feel free to check that out.