An Easy Beginner Build For Commander Moto That You Need To Know
Commander Moto is possibly your first pick as your hero in Torchlight Infinite, and he is one of the easiest and most picked out of all other heroes based on appearances alone. If you have stumbled onto this article when learning to play Torchlight Infinite, why not check out our article on Torchlight Tips Guide.
If Commander Moto is your first character to play, the best tip we can give you is to take a look at our guide as a reference point for the copying the build as you level up. This will save you time for the re-spec later on.
Torchlight Infinite – Commander Moto
Commander Moto plays as a summoner of machines, his army of minions can easily break enemy line while Moto buffs them from behind. While not a fighter himself, his robot minions, turrets and spider tanks can do that job, if you prefer playing a mechanical engineer that uses tech than magic, Commander Moto will fill that role for you.
How to Build the Commander Moto Character in Torchlight Infinite
Commander Moto is one of the easiest classes to build as you just need to focus it all on his primary minions. The gear you have to take focuses on Minion Life/Damage, Barriers and Resistances. All your skills will beef up the capabilities of a minions damage output.
Recommended Skills for Building Commander Moto
Summon Machine Guard + Maniacal Army + Bloodthirsty Slaughter + Critical Strike Damage Increase + Mechanical Modification + Steamroll. These skills will turn your bots from expendable clankers to super battle mechs.
Carry two summoning skills supported by Mechanical Modification to reap the maximum benefits. Use the energy value of gear refined with Energy Cores to prioritize the completion of dual minion 6-links.
Your Combo Loop will consist of Summon Machine, Blurry Steps, Dark Gate and Elemental Shock.
Commander Moto Best Hero Traits
The mechanic for Commander class is an Overload Buff, how this works is based on your ability to summon your bots. As you can see the best items to stack this would be on CD recovery Speed to keep spamming the buff as it gives a huge chunk of Attack, chances for Double Damage and Casting Speed.
For our hero traits, here’s the recommended list:
- Level 13: Order Calling +120% Overload effect, Minions last 10s longer when gaining Overload.
Your minions will prioritize attacking the last enemy you hit
- Level 32: Charge Forward +60% Overload duration, Overload grants “+10% Life Restoration Speed”. The effect is affected by Overload’s effect. Overload grants “+10% chance to hit Taunted enemies”, which is affected by Overload’s effect.
- Level 50: Veteran – Minions +6% Physique for every Overload gained, up to +30%.
Minions +5% damage, for every Overload gained, up to +25%.
Minions +4% Maximum Life, for every Overload gained, up to +20%.
- Level 62: Last Stand– Minions with Overload won’t be defeated. They gain 1 Life upon taking fatal damage. -100% additional Life Restoration Speed for Minions with Overload.
When having Overload, minions gain damage bonus based on their Missing Life, up to +50%.
+1% damage per 2% of Maximum Life that minions have lost.
- Level 80: Rest & Ready – +40% Overload Duration
When summons are not overloaded, extra -50% attack and casting speed
Overload provides “additional +35% attack and casting speed”, which is affected by the overload effect.
Best Commander Talents Setup
For our talents, You would get Nodes that focus on beefing up your Minions, Start with the God of Machines Tree. Shrink Back will be your main hero talent to take once you reached Level 10 and Mighty Guard at Level 20 makes full use of your machine legion.
Next Talent Tree should be the Machinist tree with Boss and Kinetic Conversion
Lastly take the Warlock Tree with Merciless for 20% Cooldowns and Cast Speed and Off the Beaten Track to maximize Minion Damage.
Recommended Equipment for Building Commander
As we mentioned with regards to gear, get the best armor with high regen and resistances to max out Moto’s capabilities. Listed here are recommendations on the best gear once you have gone through the Netherrealms
- Helmet: Dragon Guardians Faceguard or Helmets with High Armor and Highest Minion Damage.
- Armor: Dragon Guardians Lamellar Armor with High Minion Damage with some Resistances.
- Necklace: Warden’s Breastpin for Minion Attack and Cast Speed with Minion Damage and Life.
- Gloves: Dragon Guardian’s Handguards for Max Life Increase plus Armor percentage increases.
- Belt: Winter of Origin for Max Armor, Minion Attack and Cast Speed with High Max Life.
- Boots: Dragon Guardians Footguard with Maximum Mobility, Armor and Maximum Life.
- Ring 1: Divine Punishment Ring for Minion Damage,Life, Resistances and Armor increases.
- Ring 2: Horn Ring for Life Regeneration, Minion Damage and Minion Critical Strike.
For Weapons take Two of the same type:
- Weapons 1&2: Interlocking Soul – A one-handed hammer for maxing out Minion Damage and Life with Stats for Strength and Intelligence
This Current Minion Army Commander Build should get you through the main story and the end game content as it currently sits atop as one of the best builds, we hope to feature more content later as the game develops. We also have guides for other heroes like Berserker Rehan, Frostfire Gemma, Divineshot Carino, Spacetime Youga so feel free to check that out.