An Easy Beginner Build For Oracle Thea That You Need To Know
Oracle Thea is possibly your first pick as your hero in Torchlight Infinite, and he is one of the easiest and most picked out of all other heroes based on appearances alone. If you have stumbled onto this article when learning to play Torchlight Infinite, why not check out our article on Torchlight Tips Guide.
If Oracle Thea is your first character to play, the best tip we can give you is to take a look at our guide as a reference point for the copying the build as you level up. This will save you time for the re-spec later on.
How to Unlock Oracle Thea
Oracle Thea is an unlockable hero that is currently obtainable via a season pass unlock. With the new Blacksail update by Jan 12, she can be unlocked by acquiring enough hero emblems. If you were able to buy her early, treating her as an investment will pay off in the long run as mentioned by one of our players as “the only hero you will ever need” and this is due to her area of effect blessings, buffs and de-buffs that are constantly on the field to invoke destruction to her foes.
How to Build the Oracle Thea Character in Torchlight Infinite
Oracle Thea happens to be one of the best heroes to play as much as area of effect buffs and blessings are constantly shining throughout the map. She is by far a powerhouse of geometric fields coupled with the hero traits that’s why we are to min-max Oracle Thea with our AOE Ice-Lightning Build.
Recommended Skills for Building Oracle Thea
Ring of Ice is going to be a great core attack skill for Thea as each attack produces AOE rings which in turn would also affect all enemies within a radius coupled with some lightning spells to add range and damage. Once maxed out, it becomes a potent boss killer too.
Your Combo will consist of activating Mana Boil to follow a combo of Spiral Strikes, Defensive Buffs, Forced Star and Icy Ring to rinse and repeat. As you also summon a Lightning Spirit, this will allow additional attacks to extend to far corners of the map. This combo allows for maximum clears for a lot of small maps too.
Best Hero Traits for Oracle Thea
Activating her unique ability Divine Punishment converts all of your blessings and buffs into one high Damage AOE skill. The number of stacks you have for the three blessing types will also be converted into the skill.
Each blessing consumed by divine punishment converts to additional damage for the skill.
- Focus blessing reflects the radius of the AOE skill.
- Agility blessing increases the recovery speed of divine punishment.
- Tenacity blessing will give a big damage boost on the next skill cast after divine punishment.
For our hero traits, here’s the recommended list:
- Level 13: Finale Prophecy – +5% additional damage for each stack of Focus Blessing Divine Punishment consumes recently, up to +25%.
- Level 32: Predicted Harvest – 50% chance to gain an additional Focus Blessing every time Tenacity Blessing, Focus Blessing or Agility Blessing is gained.
The Focus Blessing gained this way won’t trigger this affix and gain Focus Blessing again.
The chance for the Main Skill to deal Double Damage is doubled within 4s if (Divine Punishment) consumes maximum stacks of Focus Blessing.
- Level 50: Predicted Reincarnation – When you deal Double Damage, try to use Divine Punishment automatically. Regain 2 stacks of Focus Blessing for each enemy hit by Divine Punishment.
+4% Main Skill damage for each stack of Focus Blessing regained.
Focus Blessing regained by other methods won’t trigger this affix.
- Level 62: Predicted Sacrifice – If Divine Punishment consumes maximum stacks of Focus Blessing, gains Tenacity Blessing and Agility Blessing equal to half the consumed stacks of Focus Blessing.
+40% additional damage if Divine Punishment consumed maximum stacks of Focus Blessing recently.
- Level 80: Farewell Prophecy – If Divine Punishment consumes maximum stacks of Focus Blessing, sends down Divine Punishment immediately. +8% chance to deal Quadruple Damage per stack of Focus Blessing when dealing Double Damage to enemies hit by Divine Punishment recently.
Best Oracle Thea Talents Setup
You are going to start in the Goddess of Knowledge with Chilly on your main hero talent to take once you reached Level 10 and Preparation at Level 20.
Next Talent Tree should be the Magister with Bunch and Barrier of Radiance
Lastly take the Warlock with Merciless and Off the Beaten Track
Recommended Equipment for Building Oracle Thea
As we mentioned with regards to gear, have energy shield, spell damage, cooldown reduction and resistances to max out Thea’s capabilities. Listed here are recommendations on the best gear once you have gone through the Netherrealms.
- Helmet: Elder Sage Chapeau – For energy shield + resistances.
- Armor: All Secret Magic Robe – For elemental resistances + Barrier Absorption
- Necklace: Decree of Clear Sky – Focus Blessing +1 and 2% additional damage for Focus Blessing, Divine Punishment for 10 stacks.
- Gloves: Sage Insight – Energy Shield + 40% Cast Speed and +60% Elemental Damage
- Belt: Infinity – +16% Life Regeneration, Elemental Resistances, Max Focus Blessing Stacks + 1
- Boots: Long Night Sorcerer Boots – 1 Cold Skill Level and Energy Shields
- Ring 1&2: Chaotic Ending – 20+ to all Stats, Focus Blessing Spell Damage and Critical Strikes.
For Weapons take Two of the same type:
- Weapon 1 and 2: Wiseman Dagger – Cold Damage, Spell Damage and Spell Critical Strike Rating
This current Thea Build should get you through the main story and the end game content as it currently sits atop as one of the best builds, we hope to feature more content later as the game develops. We also have guides for other heroes like Berserker Rehan, Frostfire Gemma, Divineshot Carino, Commander Moto and Spacetime Illusion Youga so feel free to check that out.